Wednesday, August 2, 2023

#RPGaDAY2023 Day 2

 #RPGaDAY2023

 Day 02: First RPG Gamemaster

Sadly, I cannot recall the name of the kid who ran my first game of D&D. I know it was fall of 1981 because a) I was in sixth grade, and b) the DM was very proud of his brand new Fiend Folio.

I was given a character (a human fighter), we encountered a carbuncle in a forest. Greedy little shits that we were, we tried to pry the gem from its forehead and were forced to kill the poor thing when it objected. I vividly remember standing up and pantomiming precisely how I was using my spear to dispatch the little armadillo.


I don;t remember anything else from that session, but I babbled excitedly the entire ride home and have remained a hopeless addict for the past 42 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#RPGaDAY2023

       #RPGaDAY2023 Day 04: Last RPG Purchased This Year My most recent RPG purchase would be "The Dread of Dynwel" , a 5e advent...